(urth) Seawrack and the Mother

Sergei SOLOVIEV soloviev at irit.fr
Tue Sep 18 09:17:52 PDT 2012

It is not only what narrator believes, it is supported by such details
as the guilty
behaviour of Babbie when she comes again, and another detail, that
the narrator has seen the traces of intense bleeding on the sloop (blood
was licked out by Babbie, he thinks) corresponding to her first coming.

It indicates that the mutulation happened on the sloop (nobody can survive
bleeding profusely for many hours - maybe days - we have to check
the chronology), and her stump was quickly healed by Mother.

By the way, as I remember, she mentions that Mother has sent
her again, in spite of her fear. Fear - after the mutulation
due to Babbie.

The conjecture that Seawrack and pirate girl are the same
makes these details useless, and I think that such conjectures
are born from disrespect to the text - as if one can just forget the details
carefully set by the author.

Sergei Soloviev