(urth) Confusing passage

Sergei SOLOVIEV soloviev at irit.fr
Tue Sep 18 03:33:22 PDT 2012

To my mind, [sic] corresponds to both names in both cases, and attracts
the attention
to the fact that the narrator knows the names Hoof and Hide, but may
substitute Horn
for each almost indifferently - so the identity that is questioned is
rather the
identity of the narrator. My impression was that it is stylistically
nicely done.

Sergei Soloviev