(urth) Inhumi eyes and names

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Sep 28 10:22:46 PDT 2012

Regarding the vision thing:

I've struggled with this question for years. I can think of only two
possibilities. Either

(1) Krait's vision sees all wavelengths but modulates its reception of
light that is strong enough to overwhelm its reception of other light
and is therefore incredibly /sensitive /to what we call visible light, or

(2) it does not see light at all in the visible spectrum. As you say,
infrared vision. This assumes the sun does not emit evenly across the
board but rather more light than heat. That is easily checked, but you'd
need to try wearing night vision goggles during the day to actually test
it. Would you see the stars at day? I doubt it. The photons are there
but just too weak, and probably especially in the infrared range.

I suppose therefore a third possibility exists that incorporates both.