(urth) Seawrack and the Mother

Craig Brewer cnbrewer at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 07:45:38 PDT 2012

Speaking of Milton, in the creation story of PL, chaos/matter/nature are always feminine. God implants order into the "womb of nature" as he says. It's a matter more of imagery rather than direct characterization, but still interesting.

Don't know how/if that applies to Wolfe. I've always seen interesting analogies between Milton and Wolfe (levels of spirituality/sacredness, matter/spirit monism) but the theologies shouldn't map onto each other in the end for a variety of reasons.