(urth) Hard SF

DAVID STOCKHOFF dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu Nov 29 10:41:47 PST 2012

Exactly. And there's a related subgenre of space opera one could call "(military) hardware porn," where the science is totally made up but the technology is lovingly described. I don't know any names, but I've flipped through a few at my local library. OK, there's post- Ringworld Jerry Pournelle . . .