(urth) Claw = Fang?

Daniel Petersen danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 13:08:57 PST 2012

I don't think seraphim are affirmatively both angelic and serpentine in the
canonical books.

--
Jeff Wilson

For what it's worth:

 1) serpent, fiery serpent
    1a) poisonous serpent (fiery from burning effect of poison)
 2) seraph, seraphim
    2a) majestic beings with 6 wings, human hands or voices in attendance
        upon God
—Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)

>From H8313; burning, that is, (figuratively) poisonous (serpent);
specifically a saraph or symbolical creature (from their copper
color):—fiery (serpent), seraph.
—Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)

http://lexiconcordance.com/hebrew/8314.html

-DOJP

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Jeff Wilson <jwilson at clueland.com> wrote:

> On 11/26/2012 2:30 PM, Bill Burgess wrote:
>
>> Now that you mention Quetzal.
>> This reminds me of Quetzacoatl, the Aztec flying serpent god.
>> who was some derivation of the central myth of the aztec which involved
>> an eagle with a serpent in its talents and is on the Mexican flag.
>> We've already been told my Wolfe to view the claw as something like the
>> talons of the eagle of jove,  so he clearly links talons and fangs in
>> his mythologies.
>> Also, in the Bible, Seraphim are flying fiery serpents and angelic beings.
>>

> I don't think seraphim are affirmatively both angelic and serpentine in
> the canonical books.
>
> --
> Jeff Wilson - jwilson at clueland.com
> Computational Intelligence Laboratory - Texas A&M Texarkana
> < http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >

Daniel Otto Jack Petersen