(urth) Claw = Fang?

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Nov 26 05:08:02 PST 2012

Typhon was certainly THE Serpent, but was he A serpent?

Is Severian something like the thorn of the field raised up to the
degree that Typhon/Satan is a raised-up serpent of the field? i.e., the
better counterpart to him? Are the two of them hammer and anvil in
shaping a more morally advanced humanity?

I'm just spitballing.