(urth) What symbols mean for Wolfe

Daniel Petersen danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 05:01:54 PST 2012

Clearest in his treatment of the chems.  That is, you may not necessarily
own even your thoughts, but there are still occasions where you get the
opportunity to make meaningful decisions, and making the correct one can
lead to further expansion of your freedom.  And in _Soldier of Sidon_, if
you have arete (are virtuous), you choose to be the best slave that you can
be.

David Duffy.

In that case, some of the things chems do in Long and Short Suns become
even more poignant (e.g. Marble and her fella creating Olivine together).

-DOJP