(urth) The Secret of the Torturers

the badger viconian at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 24 17:35:15 PST 2012

Thanks for this reference. Severian says this is "one of the secrets," meaning perhaps there are others. Obedience seems more like an all-pervasive theme or raison d'etre of the guild than a specific secret. For some reason I want to believe that there's something else, something esoteric related to Katherine the Weal, or the Autarch ...