(urth) (no subject)

Mo Holkar lists at ukg.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 11:09:51 PST 2012

At 18:15 15/11/2012, you wrote:
>And marked as such!
>
>I'll take this opportunity to ask a Wolfe-related question, things
>have seemed a bit quiet lately.  How many of you have read The Devil
>in a Forest?  How is it?  I recently finished acquiring all of
>Wolfe's novels and am going to pick a short one for an upcoming trip.

I have read it, some years ago. I found it pretty enjoyable. It is
slightly 'easier reading' than most Wolfe, because a lot of the
puzzling elements are explained in the text rather than being left
for decades of further online debate.

A lot of people seem to read it as a right-wing parable, warning
against the dangers of redistribution. Not sure about that myself; it
seems to me to be more about mistaken perceptions and the
disappointing realizations of leaving childhood.

best,

Mo

# ~ # ~ #

WolfeWiki -- a wiki about Gene Wolfe