(urth) Inhumi's secret and numbers on Blue

nate jarvis natejarv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 17:08:28 PST 2012

Perhaps most damaging to this story is the impossible premise that
biological creatures could somehow achieve escape velocity purely on
the power of wings.
</Lee>

Any possibility some of the ruined buildings on Green are something
other than buildings? (e.g., space elevators, like in Banks's Feersum
Endjinn, or cannons, like in War of the Worlds/The Moon is a Harsh
Mistress)

If the inhumi were to "fly" through space, I think that would require
a special morphological configuration distinct from vine or snake or
"person". Being both "naked" and maneuverable while in transit seems
less likely to work than being one or the other.

I assume the cell membrane obstacle is based on lack of atmospheric
pressure rather than the limitations of of cryoprotectants such as
glycerol, but either might present an insurmountable obstacle.

Did the inhumi use Neighbors' technology to board the Whorl prior to
Long Sun? Or hijack a Crew reconnaissance landing on Green?

Nate.