(urth) Claw = Fang?

Bill Burgess whburth at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 12:30:31 PST 2012

Now that you mention Quetzal.
This reminds me of Quetzacoatl, the Aztec flying serpent god.
who was some derivation of the central myth of the aztec which involved an
eagle with a serpent in its talents and is on the Mexican flag.   We've
already been told my Wolfe to view the claw as something like the talons of
the eagle of jove,  so he clearly links talons and fangs in his
mythologies.
Also, in the Bible, Seraphim are flying fiery serpents and angelic beings.