(urth) Lake of Birds

Bruno de Albuquerque Furtado meuemaildobruno at gmail.com
Sat May 26 11:56:14 PDT 2012

"Severian, as a reformed torturer, is a pagan trying to become more
Christian."

That is an appealing notion, particularly since in the beginning Severian
does not seem to have any control over his specifically Christ-like powers,
such as resurrection, but does have a degree of control over healing, using
the Claw.

 "Did the Cumaean raise Apu-Punchau, or did Severian?"

I don't think anyone ever "raised" Apu-Punchau as Severian resurrected
other characters. My impression was rather that the Cumaean had taken the
group back in time, to the Apu-Punchau period.