(urth) zelazny's story "no award" - hmmm

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Tue May 22 08:36:15 PDT 2012

Marc Aramini wrote:
> ...our little short story project (I won't call it a failure yet heh heh)

Heavens, no it isn't. I've been wondering if you could get a book out
of it, actually.

I read an interview with Roger Zelazny, and he said that the reason he
called the story "No Award" was because he noticed that, since the
ballots were alphabetical by author, he always wound up right before
No Award. He wanted to have two "No Award"s in a row and cause
confusion. Unfortunately for his dastardly plot ( :) ), it didn't get
nominated for anything.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes