(urth) Simulation of a 'star crosser' (hollowed asteroid) like in Long Sun!

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed May 16 17:37:49 PDT 2012

Slap one of these babies on it and you're good to go:

http://www.projectrho.com/portfolio/port22.html

Incidentally, this "terrarium" concept does suggest something about
Urth: that its spacefaring technology must already have been fairly
advanced along these lines for Typhon to hollow out the Long Sun ship
using just such a process as Robinson describes. His people knew what
they were doing.

One might guess that his existing ships were unable to move large
populations because they were too small; perhaps then they performed FTL
travel by pure acceleration, being limited in size and therefore mass.