(urth) Sorcerer's House Comment

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 08:32:57 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Marc Aramini <marcaramini at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've never been convinced that Gaiman is necessarily a great interpretive analyst.  His strengths are elsewhere.

The book *is* dedicated effusively to Gaiman by Wolfe; it's not
unreasonable to think that Wolfe targeted it at Gaiman or simply gave
Gaiman some hints or something.

I took a quick look at the first 6 or 7 chapters. I don't see any
obvious correspondence with the letter titles and the order given in
Wikipedia, but 'magician' does seem to align with the fish part of the
plot. Possibly the trumps are a skeleton key to figuring out the
unscrambled order of the letters? I don't remember anyone pointing out
any interesting problems with the ordering and giving a revealing true
ordering.

--
gwern
http://www.gwern.net