(urth) The Perils of Partnership

Fred Kiesche godelescherbach at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 08:35:18 PDT 2012

Greetings:

Just got my first three replacement copies of my missing Wolfe's: Innocents
Abroad, Starwater Strains, and Strange Travellers--all short story
collections in case any of the titles in these are on the May Is Gene Wolfe
Shorts Month project.

Annoyed as they are all ex-library books: which the Amazon "partner" did
not mention in his/her description. I did not pay a lot, and these are all
fine "reading copies", but given a choice between a ex-library book with
stickers, mylar wrap and stamps and things inside...and a actual "new" copy
without any of that, I'll choose the new one.

Am I a cranky book collector or what?

--
F.P. Kiesche III  "Ah Mr. Gibbon, another damned, fat, square book. Always,
scribble, scribble, scribble, eh?" (The Duke of Gloucester, on being