(urth) Short Story 4: The Dead Man

DAVID STOCKHOFF dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Mar 30 09:37:51 PDT 2012

And if he was this meticulous that early on, even for a little ghost story, it tells us a little about how he generally regards detail in narration. He's a high-resolution writer, and as you say, such "necessary" detail is to be both given and withheld. Sometimes the pattern of permitted/omitted information forms a puzzle, but that doesn't mean the gaps are just puzzles.