(urth) Short Story 5: Mountains Like Mice and the purple dye

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 17:17:50 PDT 2012

Yes, and KNOWING what the names actually mean instead of just having the scientific knowledge is key, so I think the totality of human knowledge is shown to be invaluable to survival.  The gyrda only have the things that are obviously practical (like biological engineering) but have forgotten the reason for their names and other things, so are no longer truly human.

I think your impressions are correct.