(urth) Question about scanning (short story project)

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 12:19:12 PDT 2012

--- On Sat, 3/24/12, David Stockhoff <dstockhoff at verizon.net> wrote:

> From: David Stockhoff <dstockhoff at verizon.net>
> Subject: Re: (urth) Question about scanning (short story project)
> Date: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 12:04 PM
> Marc
>
> Try this checklist:
>
> http://copyright.cornell.edu/policies/docs/Fair_Use_Checklist.pdf
>
> I think you're OK.

Excellent.  I think so too, especially for the works that are long out of print and generally unavailable.  when (or if, but I fancy when) we get to 1999 then I will perhaps stop and reevaluate, since those stories are at least sometimes still in print.  So the way I would like to handle this is that I will scan a few at a time before discussion, and send them to those who request it.  We will make it an opt in/ opt out, after you request it I will continue to send it to you until you say, no more scans, please. Send requests to be included to my private e-mail, marcaramini at yahoo.com.  I will try to get on this ASAP.

No stories collected in any of the Tor collections will be included or reproduced; you are all on your own for those ones.

I appreciate everyone's input so far - it will get much more exciting when we reach 1970 and Wolfe suddenly became a super talented, fully developed adult writer of short stories!