(urth) Short story 2: The Case of the Vanishing ghost

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 06:20:28 PDT 2012

Once more note on this story that is probably obvious but worth mention.  I think I misascribed the magazine of publication to University of Texas, The Commentator was from Wolfe's Texas A + M, which was not only an agricultural but military school.

Thus, the effete ghost is a jibe at the rival Texas school, the University of Texas, and the ghost will be scared by possible threats of draft and the military presence of Texas A + M.  This is the underlying didactic message: UT is probably composed of pansies compared to the manly nature of Texas A + M.