(urth) Oannes

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Tue Mar 20 15:04:05 PDT 2012

On 3/20/2012 5:40 PM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:
> Gerry Quinn wrote:
>> From: Lee Berman
>>> As Gerry says, Christians feel they are superior because they know the truth.
>> I have never said anything of the sort.  Please stop putting words in my
>> mouth.
> Possibly you would be more comfortable with the following statement
> (as a Christian I certainly am):
>
> Many Christians feel that their religion is superior because it is [or
> is closest to] the truth.

Or, perhaps,

Many Christians feel that their religion is superior because/they think/  it is [or
is closest to] the truth.

Which only makes sense, because the only other reasons to stick to any
religion are habit and ignorance, or force.

However, most people can be expected to understand their religion best;
therefore, that religion and its heuristics (if any) may in fact the
best approach to truth for them, in the same way that a hoplite should
probably not take up the longbow. To each workman, his own tools.