(urth) Oannes

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 12:55:54 PDT 2012

On 3/20/2012 2:35 PM, Lee Berman wrote:
> I started a thread once called "What's So Great About Ushas" and I'm not sure the
> question ever really was answered. My answer is that Ushas is better than Urth because
> it is closer to Christianity. Worship of The Outsider is better than worship of Pas
> and his family because it is closer to Christianity.

I don't want to tread ground that has already been trod, but it seems to
me that this conflates two things that are connected only at different
levels. Ushas is better from the position of the Heirogrammates because
it sets humanity on the course to producing the Heiros. No Ushas, no Heiros.

Presumaby, it is better from the position of the Pancreator for some
larger plan. In either case, one might as well ask the surgeon "What is
so great about a man losing his legs?" or ask an architect "What is so
great all those trees being mowed down to lay a foundation?"

As for Outsider worship versus Christianity, I think you are confusing
(from Wolfe's perspective and that of most Christians) the form of
worship rather than it's true object. Outsider worship is better just as
Christianity is better because they are both worship of the True God
rather than Whorl daemons. The Outsider IS the God of the Bible. This is
communicated in the Outsider's direct association with the god of Jesus
in the Chrasmological Writings and implied in Quetzal's remark about
"A-lah" in his retelling of the Adam & Eve story. "We seem to have lost
track of A-lah." Now Marc Aramini and Antony Scriabin suspect that the
Outsider Silk communicates with is not the true Outsider of the
Writings. That's another issue.

J.