(urth) Oannes

Antonin Scriabin kierkegaurdian at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 10:42:47 PDT 2012

In that case, the statement "The same way that one group of humans could
have a better grasp of science, or economics, or poker," isn't true at all,
because we don't advance in our understanding of these subjects by
revelation.

"Third person omniscience" doesn't exist in real life; is it possible that
Silk is delusional, and that his theophany was some combination of
hallucination and wishful thinking?  I think so.  We are reading, after
all, a sort of belated account written by Horn, right?  What I am getting
at is that there is no narrator that arbitrates experiences here on earth
(religious or otherwise), and can tell outside observers (like Wolfe tells
the reader in *Long Sun*) whether or not someone has experienced a
revelation.  That having been said, there is real justification for saying
that one class of persons can have a better or more accurate idea of "the
infinite" than any other, if the only evidence is based in revelation.