(urth) The Missing Are Deadly

jbarach at aol.com jbarach at aol.com
Tue Mar 20 06:13:16 PDT 2012

Maybe the librarian is blind?

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Kiesche <godelescherbach at gmail.com>
Sent: Tue, Mar 20, 2012 8:04 am
Subject: (urth) The Missing Are Deadly

After reading the message about the "May is Gene Wolfe Shorts Month", I went to my shelf to pull down some books. And made a shocking discovery: where has all my Gene Wolfe gone?

I mean, I **swear** I bought Pirate Freedom. Not there. Couldn't find Peace. Castle of Days is there, both versions of the best of were there (anybody want the Tor version as I have the SubPress version as well with one extra story?). New Sun, etc., Sidon, all there.

But no: There Are Doors, Endangered Species, The Devil in a Forest, Pirate Freedom, Peace, Starwater Strains, Strange Travelers, Storeys from the Old Hotel, Innocents Abroad.

Mostly short story collections...did some librarian from a far-off alternate/future world come and raid my collection? Or did I just loan them out and forget who I loaned them to? Or are they mis-shelved?

If not misplaced on the shelves, then probably gone. Luckily all are in print, most are in print for new. But weird.

--
F.P. Kiesche III  "Ah Mr. Gibbon, another damned, fat, square book. Always, scribble, scribble, scribble, eh?" (The Duke of Gloucester, on being presented with Volume 2 of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.) Blogging at The Lensman's Children (http://theeternalgoldenbraid.blogspot.com/).