(urth) Oannes

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 13:23:06 PDT 2012

And Dan'l Danehy-Oakes also wrote:
> It seems to me that the God of Deism is pretty close to an impersonal
> finite God.

I don't think this is what is meant by an "impersonal god" when
comparing it with, say, Zen Buddhism.
I think "impersonal" doesn't mean a Person who is uncommunicative. It
means a Person who is "not a personality"...a person who is not "aware"
at any time in any sense as we would define it.
Deism only argues that the Creator doesn't respond to personal requests
or is even absent. I think the hearth gods were conceived as actual
persons even though they had no prophets.

J.