(urth) Lupiverse(es)

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu Mar 15 13:56:01 PDT 2012

I've never read that one. Funny though how at that age we are so
sensitive to various kinds of perceived dishonesty (I assume it was
something like that, or a kind of authorial strong-arming) but we can't
identify it.

Billy Budd did that to me, especially when my English teacher insisted
that the captain had no choice but to execute an innocent sailor,
because to do otherwise would be to invite mutiny. Death or the lash,
those were the choices for her.