(urth) Saint Catherine and the Nature of the Flood

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 15 04:46:37 PDT 2012

>Jeff Wilson: But, it's the RITUAL that I'm concerned with.  Did
>the translator add that in?  Because the wheel, the roses, the
>striking off of the head, all of that is REALLY from Catherines
>story, regardless of her name.

>Jerry Friedman: Universes are similar to each other, and might affect
>each (through "morphic resonance"?).

Yes. Or you could argue that earth culture such as Catherine's story,
Frankenstein and the Rubiyat have echoed down the corridors of time
back to Urth, as Dr. Talos describes.

You could argue that Urth cannot be earth because it would mean God
is breaking his Covenant with a second Flood. Or you could argue that
humanity has changed sufficiently to the point that the Covenant was
rendered null and void.

Like many other points of contention in Wolfe's work, the evidence is a
Necker cube or Old Lady/Young Lady, and can be seen differently from
different perspectives. Both are correct. The incorrect position is
asserting that there is only one way to see it properly.