(urth) Lupiverse(es)

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Wed Mar 14 15:03:22 PDT 2012

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes

Gerry Quinn wrote:

> > ...what you seem to ‘understand’ is some weird
> > confection that has little relation to the text – for example your claim (to
> > which I was responding) that the flooding – which is clearly caused by
> > gravitational radiation from the White Fountain - was actually instead a
> > punishment from God for Urth’s wickedness.

> What makes you think that the one excludes the other?
Because we know what the punishment for Urth’s wickedness was – the black hole.   The White Fountain was a reward of sorts, and depended on a choice by the Epitome of Urth, standing in for Urth’s people.  The context is quite different from the Flood.
The prophetess said, "He has done harm too by saying here that you would bring destruction. I have told them the truth—that you would bring a rebirth, but they would not credit me."
I told her, "He has told the truth, as well as you. If the new is to be born, the old must be swept aside. One who plants wheat kills grass. You are both prophets, although of different kinds; and each of you has prophesied as the Increate instructed you."