(urth) Lupiverse(es)

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 14:11:02 PDT 2012

Look, the justification for Ushas is simple:
Humanity's descendants cruelly (tortuously) transformed animals into the
Heiros. And now the Heiros are returning the favor to ensure humanity
--in every universe possible-- will progress to a form in which they
will torture the Hieros  into existence.

Yes, there's a theological aspect to this. In Romans, Paul cites God's
sovereignty over the destiny of individuals and nations. That he has
knows...has even chosen since the creation of the world who would be
saved and who would be damned. He cites the verse from the O.T. saying
"Jacob have I loved and Esau have I hated." His imaginary audience
responds "Then how does God judge us since no one has resisted his
Will?" Paul answers "Who are you to judge God? Doesn't the maker have
the power and right to make of his creation whatever he wants? Some for
honor and some for destruction."

This is God as torturer. And it is a similar justification offered in
Job ("I'm God. I have a plan. I'm not inclined to explain how I arrived
at it and, more importantly, and I'm not obliged to." People who ask for
a "Christian" justification of God's command to the Israelites to
completely drive out the Canaanites, have misunderstood the God of the
Bible.

But all this doesn't precisely map to the Heiros and it's not supposed
to. In that case, this issue is this: "Was it wrong for the Heiros to
destroy humanity to create Ushas?"
"[Shrug] The Hieros are humanity's creation. Who is has done the wrong
here? "

This is a scenario that intentionally subverts the idea of personal
guilt. And, no, there is nothing Christian or even Catholic about that.
There is a theme here, but there is no "moral".

J.