(urth) Lupiverse(es)

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Wed Mar 14 10:10:05 PDT 2012

From: Lee Berman

> "Scattered across 10,000 worlds.." right? Still I wonder. We don't seem
> to encounter any of these humans from worlds other than Urth (maybe
> Typhon?). Or if we do, they are evolved to the point that we may have
> difficulty calling them human, like Typhon, apports, B and F, Father
> Inire and the Cumaean, Neighbors and Inhumi.

Of those you list, Typhon is clearly human, the others (except any random human apports) are clearly not.

> It would seem there are far worse actions than mass slaughter of humanity.
> The funny thing is that in both the OT and in BotNS, it is difficult to pin
> down exactly what was so wicked about ante-diluvian earth and Urth.
>
> Was it idol worship? Human sacrifice? Witchcraft? Mating with demons and producing
> monstrous offspring? Pedophilia, incest and other sexual deviance? All these are
> hinted at in the OT and BotNS but no clear reason is given for the need to wipe out
> 99% of humanity on a planet.

Perhaps you should consider re-reading the book.  The flooding of Urth was a physical consequence of the renewal of the Sun, not a godly punishment.  There was an alternative, i.e. evacuation of the moribund Urth, as per Ash’s future.

The punishment (the black hole) happened much earlier, apparently as a consequence of Typhon’s expansionism.

- Gerry Quinn