(urth) The Wizard

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Sun Mar 11 22:24:31 PDT 2012

On 3/11/2012 9:39 PM, António Pedro Marques wrote:
> As I've stated boringly to tears, it's the knowledge that Wolfe is a
> catholic that makes me almost certain that either Briah's Jesus wasn't
> the Son of God or Briah's Humanity is fundamentally worse than us. I
> can't envision a world that has already been visited by Christ
> degenerating into Urth. Iow, it's the knowledge that Wolfe is a catholic
> that makes me believe the Christian trappings of Briah are more form
> than substance.

I suppose Urth could be post-Rapture, but really, nothing he describes
in BotNS is as bad as has happened on our post-Crucifixion earth. 19th
and 20th century Asia in particular endured a string of large scale
atrocities, one of which is still going on strong in the DPRK where
Wolfe must have personally met some of its future victims.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at clueland.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >