(urth) The Wizard

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 11:12:27 PST 2012

--- On Tue, 3/6/12, Daniel Petersen <danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Daniel Petersen <danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) The Wizard
Date: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 10:46 AM

Yeah, Lee, the whole point in Wolfe is for there to be few and oblique Christian references that are completely outnumbered and out-everything-elsed that still end up subverting the hordes of 'pagan' overlords.  It's genius, even if one doesn't agree with him.  And he's a generous storyteller, not a cranky crank trying to condemn everyone.  He graciously invites readers to hear the Outsider and be part of Silk's revolution, exodus, and new frontier.

-DOJP

I would also want to state that I think the intention of Wolfe in There are Doors was very different than the Sun stories: the sex goddess/death of males after mating is simply not the dominant paradigm in the Sun Cycle, where we may see female beings of power, but they are ultimately trumped and always seem to be stuck in a primarily sexual mindset (Kypris, etc)