(urth) Some Gene Wolfe Covers

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 11:30:16 PST 2012

I never dug those too much - maybe it's the emphasis on landscape instead of people and action, I don't know.  Something about the colors, too.  I actually like the Maitz ones better, especially for volume 1 and 4, if Severian had a bit less gyno.

One of my favorite covers for a pretty mediocre fantasy was the cover of Constantine's Wraiths of Will and Pleasure; I wish some of Wolfe's stuff had that kind of artistic treatment. Not that it's related to Wolfe, but it's Tor SF:
  http://openlibrary.org/books/OL3682165M/The_wraiths_of_will_and_pleasure

His worst cover is no doubt the limited edition Free Live Free one.  UGH.
Hopefully hoof and hide won't mind a link :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hoofandhide/4144009502/