(urth) Question about scanning (short story project)

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 11:54:47 PDT 2012

For the stories in Young Wolfe and the shorter uncollected stories that are not online, I would be willing to scan these and send them to off list requests for our continuing chronological discussion IF THIS WAS LEGAL and for private, non-profit use for the purpose of our discussion.  I would not post these online, nor would I send them to anyone who did not request it privately from my email.  Nor would I scan any that were included in widely published Wolfe anthologies like Island of Doctor Death, etc., only the uncollected ones.

My question to the list is - is this legal?  if it is private correspondence between colleagues and is not released for any sort of profit?