(urth) The Missing Are Deadly

Fred Kiesche godelescherbach at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 06:04:44 PDT 2012

After reading the message about the "May is Gene Wolfe Shorts Month", I
went to my shelf to pull down some books. And made a shocking discovery:
where has all my Gene Wolfe gone?

I mean, I **swear** I bought Pirate Freedom. Not there. Couldn't find
Peace. Castle of Days is there, both versions of the best of were there
(anybody want the Tor version as I have the SubPress version as well with
one extra story?). New Sun, etc., Sidon, all there.

But no: There Are Doors, Endangered Species, The Devil in a Forest, Pirate
Freedom, Peace, Starwater Strains, Strange Travelers, Storeys from the Old
Hotel, Innocents Abroad.

Mostly short story collections...did some librarian from a far-off
alternate/future world come and raid my collection? Or did I just loan them
out and forget who I loaned them to? Or are they mis-shelved?

If not misplaced on the shelves, then probably gone. Luckily all are in
print, most are in print for new. But weird.

--
F.P. Kiesche III  "Ah Mr. Gibbon, another damned, fat, square book. Always,
scribble, scribble, scribble, eh?" (The Duke of Gloucester, on being