(urth) Oannes

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 19:04:53 PDT 2012

>James Wynn: It never occurred to me that in the early books of Bible God is ever
>depicted as actually feeling to be in competition with actual rivals (as
>opposed to /effective/ competition for the affections of his worshipers).

I had the impression but in a quick search I didn't find any of the passages I

thought I'd find. Fair enough. But God is jealous of idols his followers might

worship and He is even a bit fearful of humanity gaining too much godly power,

(e.g. the Tree Of Life and the Tower of Babel stories). He shows anger and

vengeance and remorse, etc. Does God still have all those feelings today?

My broader point is observing that the Judeo-Christian God seems to me to evolve and

mature as the 5000 year history of Judeo-Christianity passes (and I respect the

opinion of those who disagree and I'm not interested in debate or changing minds).

Given my observation, I am suggesting that Wolfe also sees an evolution in the Judeo-

Christian deity and uses the Sun Series as a fictional way of illustrating how it

might work. I really could be wrong on that, I know. But I think it is possible.

BotNS mentions the Theanthropos, the Demiurge, the Pancreator and the Increate. Are

these all names for different entities? Stages or aspects of one entity? What is

Wolfe trying to say with this and how does it relate to The Outsider? I am interested

in the views of others on this.