(urth) This Week in Google Alerts: Kim Stanley Robinson

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 16:34:06 PDT 2012

'Mini-Review of Gene Wolfe's "Fifth Head"'
http://open.salon.com/blog/patrick__mcevoy-halston/2012/06/15/mini-review_of_gene_wolfes_fifth_head
:

> I don't recommend reading Gene Wolfe at some point.  He intuits that if you're still with him, it's because he's charmed you in a way you can't escape, and you're better of figuring out why you keep on coming back to someone who's always teasing but now insists on denying -- you deserve the break, and he deserves the feedback.  But certainly with this book, written in the seventies when Sci Fi was optimistic and Gene Wolfe was young, more interested in stretching his legs than reconciling himself to some of the sicker pleasures allotted wisdom-bearing elders, he's well worth a read.   So when I tell you this book is Sci Fi, it's anthropology, psychology, and New Orleans gothic, please believe it if it mostly sounds a wonder.

'Kim Stanley Robinson Sees Humans Colonizing the Solar System in 2312'
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/06/geeks-guide-kim-stanley-robinson/all/
:

--
gwern