(urth) Short Story 32: Three Million Square Miles

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 17:41:42 PDT 2012

"Narrov Valley" could very well be a direct influence.  I read that one years ago - Indian land?  I feel like it might have been a social commentary in some ways on the land that the Indians were given - just kept shrinking and shrinking and shrinking.  Need to look at it again.  I feel like it would be foolish to ignore the impact of contemporaneous short story writers like Lafferty, Ellison, and mayb even Davidson on Wolfe's shorter stuff, I just haven't read enough in the uncollected magazines of the time to really see it (classics are a different matter)