(urth) The Ship

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 6 12:09:38 PST 2012

Meant to mention the dedication of 5HoC which thanks Damon Knight

"who one night in 1966 grew me from a bean."

Might have nothing to do the black beans which grown into
megatherians. But if it does, it could jibe with the idea of
author as the demiurgical creator of a story.

Gene Wolfe as god-like being who breaks off pieces of himself and
inserts them as characters into his story creations? It fits a
certain pattern I see; one which seems to jibe with the world-view
of Gene Wolfe as discerned from his interviews.