(urth) Hanga Sighting

jbarach at aol.com jbarach at aol.com
Wed Jan 4 15:58:27 PST 2012

Earlier, I wrote:

> Mind you, as soon as I began to write this, I noticed that the
> article says that these Air Swimmers are a popular Christmas
> gift.  And "The Tree Is My Hat" has to do with a character
> named "Mary Christmas."  And ... naw.  Wolfe can't have had
> this tradition in mind, can he?

Interpretive excitement producing momentary blindness, of course. The article DOESN'T say that flying these things is any sort of "tradition," though I wish it did.  =)  Something in my brain seized onto "Christmas" and the flying shark and the fact that "The Tree Is My Hat" takes place somewhere near New Zealand/Australia, and suddenly all else faded from view....

Still, it was cool to see a Hanga appearance in the news.

John