(urth) Gene Wolfe to Appear on Coode Street Podcast

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 10:09:21 PST 2012

How about a general question for him?

- Do you feel that if America should fall from its global relevance as an affluent and influential nation that English would topple from its position as the second most spoken language in the world (assuming Australia does not rise to fill that power vacuum)?
Do you think this could relegate figures like Shakespeare and modern authors working in English to less global importance and neglect in the global literary community, or do you think the digital age and instant communication have prevented linguistic drift by and large?