(urth) Charles Williams

Antonin Scriabin kierkegaurdian at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 08:08:54 PST 2012

That should have said "Tim" Powers, of course!  I have only read *Last Call
*and *The Anubis Gates*, but I liked them both quite a bit.  I think that
the latter is better, overall, but the former got off to an engrossing
start.  Have you read any of the sequels to *Last Call*?  And what, out of
curiosity, was the treatment of Tarot in *Blood Meridian?  *I haven't read
anything by Cormac McCarthy.

I think I might start with *War in Heaven* by Williams, or possibly *Descent
into Hell *...they seem to be two of his more acclaimed novels.