(urth) If I already like ...

David Duffy David.Duffy at qimr.edu.au
Wed Apr 25 20:37:33 PDT 2012

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012, David Stockhoff wrote:

> Antonio
>
> I've just finished House on the Borderlands. I can't help but be reminded of
> Master Ash in his ice-doomed time-tower.
>
> Otherwise, I see no resemblances to anything Wolfe has done except perhaps
> for the gothic (and hoary) touch of the "recovered manuscript."

Yes, when I first read it I was blown away, but rereading it after
rereading _The Time Machine_ (specifically the later chapter) showed me
where many of the most striking ideas came from.

Re Wolfe and Hodgson, have you compared _Pirate Freedom_ to _The Ghost
Pirates_? ;) [_Boats of the Glen Carrig_ is good fun too]

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/10966

Cheers, David Duffy.