(urth) If I already like ...

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 09:00:53 PDT 2012

Antonin Scriabin wrote:
> Another author I have been alerted to is E. R. Eddison, who seems more in
> the realm of high fantasy than science fiction or urban fantasy, and is
> cited as an inspiration for the likes of Lewis and Tolkien.  I picked up The
> Worm Ouroboros but haven't read it.  Have any of you read his books?  Any
> thoughts about his writings in relation to some of the others we have talked
> about?

Eddison's an interesting case -- a Goddess-worshipping romantical type
who seems to think that medieval times were better than modern because
they were full of honor and stuff. The _Worm_ is an excellent book,
though a bit dry. I had to force myself through his "Zimiamvian"
trilogy, but I'm glad I did.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes