(urth) If I already like ...

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Wed Apr 18 14:35:22 PDT 2012

On 4/18/2012 12:07 PM, Jerry Friedman wrote:
>> From: Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com>

> There's a brownie in the City, and what appears to be an animated statue, and the killing of a changeling (that eats hot coals), and a gateway to Faerie and a way to communicate to someone in Faerie, and a resurrected Barbarossa.

None of that seemed to make a difference to the plot, being more along
the lines of conceits or dreams on the parts of various fallible people.
The concept of people shrinking as they go farther toward some
unreachable center of being so that there is room for ever more
incredible places and beings is fascinating, but if it is more than a
metaphor, I lost it in the character drama along with all the above.

I might give it another shot sometime, but I'd need some kind of really
juicy spoiler to motivate me.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at clueland.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >