(urth) This Week in Google Alerts: R.A. Lafferty

Dave Lebling dlebling at hyraxes.com
Tue Apr 17 15:27:25 PDT 2012

Powers is one of my favorite authors. He has a new book out, "Hide Me
Among the Graves," which is a sequel to "The Stress of Her Regard," one
of his best. (The other bests: "Declare" and "Last Call." "The Anubis
Gates" is a near-best.)

I go along with the recommendations for Swanwick, Crowley, Vance,
Shepard, Tiptree, Smith in-genre. Pynchon, Borges, Nabokov, and O'Brien
should be read by any literate person, not just genre fans.

Dave Lebling