(urth) This Week in Google Alerts: R.A. Lafferty

Daniel Petersen danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 08:02:41 PDT 2012

Hey folks, I too saw this in Lafferty google alerts and was very excited as
I write a Lafferty blog in addition to my Wolfe blog.  I interacted
extensively with his article here:

http://antsofgodarequeerfish.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/would-that-we-all-could-employ-our-own.html

Suffice it to say, Lafferty himself spoke about his heavy drinking and it's
no surprise at all to fans.  Not sure why he made a big deal of it.  But a
great article regardless.  Glad to know there are other Wolfe fans who dig
the Laff.  Oh, and you may be interested to know, if you haven't read it
already, that Wolfe called Laff a literal 'genius' and said he was maybe
the most original writer in history of literature:

http://antsofgodarequeerfish.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/its-great-to-be-young-and-in-danger.html

And Tim Powers, two steps below Laff literarily, and one below Wolfe, I
think is very worth checking out for another highly original Catholic
writer of wonderfully bizarre fiction.

-DOJP