(urth) This Week in Google Alerts: Home Fires

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 11:27:33 PDT 2012

António Pedro Marques wrote:

> I don't care at all what happens to murderers.

Do you care what happens to rapists?

Thieves?

Jaywalkers?

Where do you draw the line on where compassion is no longer required,
and how do you draw it? What gives you the right to decide who is and
is not inside the circle of human compassion?

> My only concern is for those who may have been wrongly convicted.

That is a primary argument against the death penalty. A lot of
"murderers," aren't, but it can take years (or decades) to prove it --
and it may never be proven.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes