(urth) Fringe

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Sat Apr 7 00:20:49 PDT 2012

On 4/6/2012 11:18 AM, Larry Miller wrote:
> I dont understand why people take the conclusion as the whole series
> being a dream.  Everything that happened in  the show happened to the
> characters.  The flash sideways was a glimpse into the afterlife which
> took on the form of an alternate timeline.  What suggestion is there
> that it was a dream?

Oh, and one thing that heavily suggested it was a shot of the original
wreckage scene that the network thoughtfully showed after the end of the
show. They later said they put it there to fill the time while viewers
mentally decompressed, and the actual producers denied all knowledge of it.

Oh, hey here's a link to one of the earlier denials:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050316053825/http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|94107|1|,00.html

"Thankfully Abrams dismissed the popularly held theory that the
castaways are stranded in Purgatory, though he claimed to like the idea."

and at the end a confirmation: "'I would be an absolute liar if I said
every single thing was planned out from the beginning.'"

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at clueland.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >